GIVING TO THE COOPER SCHOOL FUND

A TCS student’s educational experience is enhanced by the generosity of the Cooper Community who gives its time, resources and expertise in support of the School. From parents and alumnae to board members and foundations, those who support TCS come from myriad backgrounds. What they share is a belief in The Cooper School’s mission and a commitment to advancing it. 

There are many ways to support The Cooper School, from recommending TCS to prospective families, to connecting TCS with a foundation, or making a direct gift. Every connection and each gift to TCS makes a difference in the lives of our students. We invite you to learn more about opportunities to support The Cooper School. 



FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

WHAT IS THE COOPER SCHOOL FUND?

The Cooper School fund is the cornerstone of the School’s fundraising efforts. Gifts provide an immediate and direct benefit to each student and faculty member, while also enhancing the quality and range of all school programming. Your annual gift to the The Cooper School Fund is a direct investment in the excellence and breadth of TCS’ academics, faculty development, financial aid, arts, and activities. All gifts are tax-deductible and help to offset expenses not covered by tuition.

DOESN’T THE SCHOOL GET ENOUGH MONEY FROM TUITION?

Like most independent schools, TCS relies on the direct support of our parents, alumnae, alumnae parents, grandparents, friends, faculty and staff to help fund the difference between what tuition provides and the actual cost of educating a TCS student. This past year, tuition revenue accounted for 90% of the total operating budget. The remaining 10% income was generated through fundraising. Participation in the The Cooper School Fund is an expected component of the parent-school partnership.

We are proud to say that TCS has a strong history of parent participation, achieving over 99% in the past few years. In addition, 100% of our Faculty, Staff and Board participate each year. These participation rates send a strong statement of community commitment when TCS seeks outside funding through foundations and corporations.

HOW IS MY DONATION PUT TO WORK?

The Cooper School Fund contributions go toward supporting the programs and activities central to an TCS education. These include programs such as faculty professional development, athletics, technology, and performing and fine arts.  In addition, The Cooper School Fund donations support the School’s scholarship program, fulfilling our mission of maintaining a diverse and inclusive community.

HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH TO GIVE?

We encourage each family to make a meaningful gift commensurate with your family’s personal circumstances. Every gift is deeply valued and goes toward the excellent education provided for all Cooper School students.

HOW CAN I MAKE MY DONATION?

There are several options available to you. 

  • You may send a check payable to The Cooper School c/o Advancement, 13 Oakdale Place, Charleston SC 29407
  • You may donate online by clicking here.
  • To pay by credit card over the phone, please call Franci Bell at 843-573-1033. 
  • Make a Cooper School  pledge whereby you notify us of the total donation you would like to make for the year and when you would like payments to be made (monthly, quarterly, etc.) and we will set up an automatic payment schedule for you. Contact Franci Bell at 843-573-1033. 

SCHOOL NEWS

Why I Teach… By: Kelly Porter

I grew up in a family of educators. Therefore even as a young child, I knew I would be an elementary school teacher. I dreamed of teaching in my own classroom one day. I wanted to foster a love of learning by creating a classroom where students would feel free to take risks and accept challenges. My dream became a reality and I began teaching in public schools. I taught with very talented and well-educated instructors….

read more
COOPERGRAM

COPYRIGHT ©2017

SITEMAP
The Cooper School