1. What do you do at The Cooper School and how long have you been here?
I teach 4th Grade at The Cooper School. This year is my second year at TCS.
2. What do you value about being at TCS?
I value the overall environment of TCS. I believe that it is a very peaceful place where students and staff feel safe and free to do their very best.
3. What’s something you’ve learned teaching here?
I feel like I’m learning something new every day! I’ve learned that positivity is a big part of TCS and the students flourish because of the environment that has been created here. I love seeing all the smiling faces as they walk into the school each morning!
4. Which educator has influenced you the most in your life, and how?
My 5th grade teacher influenced me the most in school because she knew how to form relationships with her students while also making learning exciting. She also trusted us with glitter!
5. What do you look forward to in your role here (lesson, section, topic, etc.) each year?
I always look forward to the big projects that the students create each year! This year I am very excited about our Africa study! Geography is one of my favorite subjects!
6. What is an example of your approach to dynamically balancing creative intelligence, self and social intelligence and academic mastery in your work at TCS?
I really enjoy teaching with our Social Emotional Learning program! I think it sets a great tone for the whole school. Students learn about ways to understand and manage their emotions, create positive relationships, and achieve goals they set for themselves.
7. If you could live in a book, what book would it be?
If I could live in any book it would be Coraline by Neil Gaiman because I love the fantasy world that she lives in and she has a really cool cat!
8. What’s something this community might not know about you?
I am a bit of an adrenaline junky! I love doing things like skydiving, rock climbing, and hiking up the side of a volcano!