The Cooper School is seeking an apt match of a child’s educational and developmental needs to our programs. Our goal is that each group be as varied and yet as balanced as possible. We aim for classes with an even number of boys and girls, an appropriate age spread, a range and balance of academic needs, and a variety of skills and interests. Consideration is also given to a family’s commitment to the school’s philosophy, expanding ethnic and cultural diversity, a family’s current or historical connection with the school, and the needs of the particular group to which the child is applying.
Children applying for Kindergarten should be age 5 by September 1st. Children applying for Grade 1 should be age 6 by September 1st. Students are admitted to grade levels appropriate for their development. Decisions are based on data from student records and from the interview process.
The Cooper School maintains the confidentiality of all requests for financial aid. Financial aid decisions are made independently of admissions decisions.
- Review the school website to consider the match between your child and the school
- Call (843) 573-1033 to schedule a time to tour the school
- Return the Application for Admissions (available online)
- Submit Student Records and Teacher Recommendation
- Schedule an Interview
- All applications are considered on a rolling basis
- Once accepted, applicants need to accept the offer by the date stated in the acceptance letter. An acceptance should include an enrollment deposit of $1,000.00. This deposit will be deducted from tuition.
If families wish to be considered for financial aid, this consideration will begin after they have responded to their letter of acceptance. Families accepting a place, but seeking financial aid may defer the enrollment fee.
We know how difficult choosing the right school for your child can be. Here is a checklist to help you determine if The Cooper School is the right school for your child. If you answer “yes” to most of the items below, we recommend seriously considering The Cooper School as an academic option.
- I want my child to be in a rigorous, research based and engaging academic program.
- I value critical thinking and 21st century skills, not just rote learning.
- I believe learning by doing is best practice.
- I believe a diverse community results in a stimulating educational environment.
- I want my child’s learning to be individualized and differentiated based on his skills and talents.
- I want my child to be in deep relationships with his teachers and peers.
- I value social emotional learning as much as academic.
- I want my child to love learning and become a life long learner.
- I want my child to be reflective of his or her own learning.
- I want my child to be in a social environment that is welcoming and friendly.
- I want to be an active part of my school community.