The Cooper School is seeking an apt match of a child’s educational and developmental needs to our programs. Our goal is that each group be as varied and yet as balanced as possible. We aim for classes with an even number of boys and girls, an appropriate age spread, a range and balance of academic needs, and a variety of skills and interests. Consideration is also given to a family’s commitment to the school’s philosophy, expanding ethnic and cultural diversity, a family’s current or historical connection with the school, and the needs of the particular group to which the child is applying.
Children applying for Kindergarten should be age 5 by September 1st. Children applying for Grade 1 should be age 6 by September 1st. Students are admitted to grade levels appropriate for their development. Decisions are based on data from student records and from the interview process.
The Cooper School maintains the confidentiality of all requests for moderated tuition. Moderated tuition decisions are made independently of admissions decisions.
- Review the school website to consider the match between your child and the school
- Schedule a tour- Call (843) 573-1033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply- complete an online application
- Submit Student Records and Teacher Recommendation
- Schedule an Interview (K-1st Grade) or a Shadow Day (2nd-8th Grade)
- Admissions Decisions & Dates
- Kindergarten Application Deadline- January 1st, 2024
- Kindergarten Admissions Decisions Communicated- February 2nd, 2024
- 1st Grade- 8th Grade Application Deadline- February 1st, 2024
- 1st Grade- 8th Grade Admissions Decisions Communicated- March 8th, 2024
If families wish to be considered for moderated tuition, please complete this process after you submit your student’s application. For more information about this process refer to our moderated tuition page.
We know how difficult choosing the right school for your child can be. Here is a checklist to help you determine if The Cooper School is the right school for your child. If you answer “yes” to most of the items below, we recommend seriously considering The Cooper School as an academic option.
- I want my child to be in a rigorous, research based and engaging academic program.
- I value critical thinking and 21st century skills, not just rote learning.
- I believe learning by doing is best practice.
- I believe a diverse community results in a stimulating educational environment.
- I want my child’s learning to be individualized and differentiated based on his skills and talents.
- I want my child to be in deep relationships with his teachers and peers.
- I value social emotional learning as much as academic.
- I want my child to love learning and become a life long learner.
- I want my child to be reflective of his or her own learning.
- I want my child to be in a social environment that is welcoming and friendly.
- I want to be an active part of my school community.