Our Beliefs About Children
- Children are vital, capable, contributing members of society.
- Childhood should be a time of joy, discovery, and security.
- Children flourish when they have the support and opportunity to grow and learn at a pace and in a way that respects individual development.
Our Beliefs About the School
- Schools should foster the development of personal strength, social responsibility, service to the community, and stewardship of the environment.
- Economic and cultural diversity enriches our school community.
- It is important that schools have safe, nurturing, inclusive learning environments where the interests and qualities of all students and teachers are honored.
Our Beliefs About Learning and Teaching
- Learning is best accomplished when it is meaningful, self-directed and actively constructed.
- The individual learner can draw on the social energy and knowledge of the group to the greater good of the individual and the group.
- Strong teaching is the result of actions informed by careful observation of the student, by research and experience with appropriate teaching practices, and by respect for the learner.
- The education and care of young children is a sacred trust that contributes to our teachers’ service to the world.
Our Beliefs About Community
- Cooperation and collaboration among families and teachers play an essential role in helping students reach their full potential.
- Strong schools rely on the creativity and commitment of all members of the community.
- We believe in the power of the human spirit to invoke positive change in the world.